Monday, April 11, 2011

Moving On Now

gweaver.net

Picture from dailygalaxy.com

THE CARIBBEAN WAS OFF THE TECTONIC PLATE!!! Oh my, I’m starting to talk science now (finally)! So I’ve spent the past few days just chillin – or heating up – in the Caribbean. I’ve had a great time here, but sadly it’s time to head back home. But before I land in Seattle, I’m stopping by in San Andreas, California! Due to my recent understanding in knowledge on plate tectonics, I was able to do some research on my own.

The San Andreas fault zone is a transform boundary. A divergent boundary in the Gulf of California is connecting with the Cascadia subduction zone. There are recurring earthquakes in transform zones. There is normally no volcanic activity due to the fact that there are no subducting plates or upwelling convection current.

No comments:

Post a Comment