Monday, April 11, 2011

Picture from Flickr.com


California was nice. The only bad thing is that I have California Gurls by Katey Perry stuck in my head. Don’t worry I wasn’t creeping on anyone…. *Cough cough*. Anyways, I have some bad/good news. I just found out that my bags have ended up in the Himalayas. I don’t know how this happened. I mean when I got off the plane and landed in California, I must have been too preoccupied watching “stuff” that I had forgotten my bags. Sad face. Oh well, guess I’m heading off to the Himalayas to get my bags. As you can guess, before I leave I always have to do my research.

The Himalayas are formed by a Collision Boundary. The mountain range was formed by the Indian Plate colliding head-on with the Eurasian Plate, hence the name Collision Boundary. Because of the equal density in the two plates, one cannot submerge under the other. Because of this head on collision, there are many earthquakes; however there is no volcanic activity. The areas around the Himalayas have been having small earthquakes here and there. According to some sources a major earthquake is due to hit the Himalayas soon. 2011-2012 don't seem to be very fortunate years....

No comments:

Post a Comment